- Boards & Committees H - Z
- School Committee
- 6 p.m.
- Typically on Wednesdays, dates and times to be announced
- Cohasset High School / Cohasset Public Schools
143 Pond Street, 208 / 210 Sohier Street
Cohasset, MA 02025
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
School Committee Members
|Lance Dial, Chair||May 2024|
|Craig MacLellan, Vice Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org||May 2025|
|Jennifer Lesky, Memberemail@example.com||May 2026|
|Ted Carr, Secretaryfirstname.lastname@example.org||May 2025|
|Paul Kearney, Memberemail@example.com||May 2024|
The Cohasset School Committee consists of five elected members to serve three year terms, members are elected in staggered terms. The Cohasset School Committee provides oversight and direction to the operation of the Cohasset Public School district. The Committee's primary responsibility is to establish the educational vision and academic goals for the Schools throughout the year. Learn more on the Cohasset Public Schools website.
The School Committee has regular meetings, typically on Wednesdays at 6 p.m. However dates and times along with the agenda items will be announced prior to the meetings. The meetings are open to the public and all are encouraged to attend. Archived meeting minutes and agenda items can be found and downloaded on the right hand side of this page, new meeting minutes and agenda items will be uploaded as they occur.
- Implement an educational vision and academic goals which are sensitive to the diverse needs of all students.
- Create, study, and approve the school budget.
- Establish policies for the school district.
- Oversee the maintenance and organization of Cohasset's public schools.
- Hire and evaluate the school Superintendent.