Cohasset Select Board
|Diane Kennedy||Chair||Elected||3 Years||May 31, 2023|
|Keri Thompson||Vice-Chair||Elected||3 Years||May 31, 2022|
|Paul Schubert||Member||Elected||3 Years||May 31, 2021|
|Jack Creighton||Member||Elected||3 Years||May 31, 2022|
|Corey Evans||Member||Elected||3 Years||May 31, 2023|
The Mission of the Board of Selectmen is to protect, maintain, and enhance our dynamic community, historical heritage, and coastal environment by providing thoughtful leadership and fostering citizen engagement.
Under Massachusetts General Laws and the Town Manager Act, the executive powers of the Town are vested in the five-member Board of Selectmen. Members are elected for 3 year staggered terms. The Board of Selectmen serves as the chief goal setting and policy-making body of the Town. The Board acts through the adoption of policy directives and guidelines which are implemented by the Town Manager, employees, and other officers.
The Board of Selectmen is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Appointing Authority for many Town Boards and Committees, and for employees of the Departments under their jurisdiction
- Preparation of warrants for both the annual and special Town meetings
- Makes recommendations on all articles to be considered by Town meetings
- Possession and management of all town-owned real estate, unless jurisdiction is otherwise assigned to another Town agency pursuant to the general laws or by vote of Town meeting
- Licensing Board for the Town