- Departments P - Z
- Parking Clerk
- Appeal a Parking Ticket
Appeal a Parking Ticket
Ticket Appealing Procedure
In accordance with Massachusetts General laws, all parking violations must be paid or appealed within 21 days of issue. Any appeals after 21 days from the date of the violation was issued are considered solely at the discretion of the Parking Clerk and may not be granted. All appeals must be in writing. Hearings will only be granted if your written appeal has been denied. If you are appealing a parking ticket please following the following procedure.
- Make a copy of the ticket/notice, mail with your written Parking Ticket Appeal Form, with a self-addressed and stamped envelope to the Town Hall at:
41 Highland Avenue
Cohasset, MA 02025
- Your written appeal should state your case clearly and concisely to why you believe that you should not be held accountable to pay the parking ticket(s) in dispute.
- Your written appeal will be answered within 30 days of receipt. You will not be charged any late fees during the appeal process.
- If your appeal is approved you will be notified in writing. No payment will be required.
- If your appeal is denied you will be notified in writing. Payment will be required by the due date specified in the letter
The Following reasons will not be accepted for appeals.
- You did not see the "No Parking" sign.
- You did not know that parking was restricted.
- You were only in violation for a short time (i.e. Parking in a Fire Lane).
- You have never been ticketed for a specific violation before.
- Any obstruction to traffic, parking on a crosswalk, and parking on a sidewalk.
- You think the ticketed fine is too high.