Elder Affairs/Willcutt Commons
Description & Mission
The Mission of the Cohasset Elder Affairs is to offer outstanding programs and services that provide for the physical, social, and emotional wellbeing of our older adults by assisting them to lead independent, stimulating, and self-reliant lives as members of the community.
As the primary advocate for seniors in our community, we provide access to support, outreach, meals, activities, education, recreation, and transportation. We also serve as a social network for the older adults in the Town of Cohasset.
Based at Willcutt Commons, a state-of-the-art center built specifically for the purpose, Cohasset Elder Affairs:
- Provides education for older adults and families on critical current senior issues.
- Provides assistance to families seeking services for older relatives.
- Provides information and referral services through our Outreach department to assist older adults live independently.
- Provides services of a licensed Social Worker for special concerns surrounding mental health and aging.
- Provides programs that promote healthy lifestyle choices while stimulating the mind and increasing happiness and laughter.
- Fosters intergenerational programs that will enrich the lives of older adults, families, and children.
- Promotes a positive image of aging and offers the means for older individuals to benefit their community through volunteering.
For additional information on our Outreach, Services or volunteer opportunities, please click the TABS on the left.
Click HERE for information regarding Elder issues, concerns, and information from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts' Executive Office of Elder Affairs.
Click HERE for information on South Shore Elder Services homecare services including the Meals on Wheels program.
Click HERE for the Norfolk County Sheriff Department's "Are You Okay" daily check-in program.
Click HERE for Norfolk County District Attorney's Office.
Click HERE for Department of Transitional Assistance for information on financial assistance programs for low-income individuals and their families.
Click HERE for the LAUNCH Program, that provides reasonable costs for yard work, light housecleaning and small jobs by individuals with disabilities.
Click HERE for Wellspring Multi-Service Center. A private, multiservice organization that provides support and skills to people facing challenges to their financial, physical or emotional well-being in order to help them achieve independence and self-sufficiency.
Click HERE for Cohasset Housing Authority for public housing assistance in the Town of Cohasset.
Click HERE for Massachusetts State Public Housing Application.
Click HERE for Massachusetts Health Care connector for health insurance assistance for those individuals NOT on Medicare.
Click HERE for Medicare program information.
Click HERE for the Social Security Administration.
Click HERE for S.H.I.N.E. - health insurance counseling for individuals with Medicare.
Click HERE for the Massachusetts/New Hampshire Alzheimer's Association.
Public service announcement from the S.H.I.N.E. (Service the Health Insurance Needs of Everyone) program here in Massachusetts. To view the S.H.I.N.E. PSA please click HERE
Need Help Fast? Get the answers you need! MASS 2-1-1 (https://mass211.org) MASS 2-1-1 is free, confidential and multilingual. Dial 2-1-1 FOR NON-EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE, a resource to connect callers with critical health and human resource programs.
Cohasset Public Health Nurse - Cohasset Flu Shot Clinics - 2021
• Monday October 18, 2021 @ 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
• Wednesday October 20, 2021 @ 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
• Saturday October 23, 2021 @ 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
• Tuesday October 26, 2021 @ 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
*all flu clinics will be held at Willcutt Commons – 91 Sohier Street. To register online please click on this link HERE