Cunningham Bridge (Atlantic Avenue) Project Update
Work continued last week on the utility bridge. This bridge is for utilities only and is not for pedestrian or vehicular use. Starting Monday, July 24th, National Grid will string a 4" pipe across the bridge. Once that work is complete, the Water work will begin. We will continue to update the community here and via Facebook.
To see the install of the utility bridge, please click here.
Massachusetts Department of Transportation Highway Division District 5 has
announced that Atlantic Avenue over Little Harbor Inlet in Cohasset will be
temporarily closed to vehicular traffic for one night on Tuesday, July
11. This portion of roadway will be closed from 8:00 p.m. on July
11 to 5:00 a.m. on July 12. The closure is necessary to allow for
installation of the temporary utility bridge.
detour routes are as follows:
the west side of Atlantic Avenue over Little Harbor Inlet:
· Follow Atlantic Avenue to Nichols Road· Left on Nichols Road and follow to
· Left on Jerusalem Road and follow to North Main Street · Left on North Main Street and follow to Beach Street · Left on Beach Street
the east side of Atlantic Avenue over Little Harbor Inlet:
· Follow Beach Street to North Main Street · Right on to North Main Street and follow
to Jerusalem Road
· Right on to Jerusalem Road and follow to
Nichols Road · Right on to Nichols Road and follow to
Atlantic Avenue · Right on to Atlantic Avenue
MassDOT advises motorists to seek alternate routes during these times.
scheduled work is weather dependent and/or may be impacted should any sort of
emergency situation occur.