Registrars of Voters
- 7 p.m.
- As Announced
- Town Hall
41 Highland Avenue
Cohasset, MA 02025
- Diane Benson
- Margy Charles
- Terese D'Urso
- Carol St. Pierre
Position: Town Clerk
Phone: 781-383-4100 ext. 105
The Registrars of Voters consists of the Town Clerk, and three other people whom are appointed for three year terms by the Board of Selectmen; one member is appointed each year as prescribed in Chapter 51, Section 15, of the Massachusetts General Laws.
The Registrars of Voters conducts an annual census to determine the number of persons (seventeen years of age and older) in the Town. Aside from conducting the annual census the Registrars of Voters are responsible for maintaining an accurate list of qualified voters in the Town, along with providing facilities for new citizens of the Town to register for the purpose of voting. The Registrars is held accountable for completing any other duties assigned to them under Chapter 51 of the Massachusetts General Laws.
The Board of Registrars Mission is to ensure that elections are held in a fair and impartial manner, and to successfully carry out all responsibilities in a professional and friendly manner.
- Registering voters
- Processing address and party changes
- Certifying nomination papers, and initiative and referenda papers
- Processing absentee voter applications
- Maintaining the register of voters
- Administering elections and any necessary recounts
- Conducting the annual town census and then collecting, enumerating, and publishing the Annual Street List of Persons Seventeen Years of Age and Older
- Any other duties assigned in Chapter 51 of Massachusetts General Laws