Cohasset Harbor Committee
The Harbor Committee is responsible for making recommendations to the Select Board and the Town Manager concerning the operation and condition of the Harbor. The Harbor Committee works to implement the goals and recommendations identified in the 2020 Cohasset Municipal Harbor Plan. The Committee has two established working groups known as the Cohasset Harbor Infrastructure Planning (CHIP) Working Group and the Cohasset Harbor Governance (CHG) Working Group.
Harbor Committee Meetings
- 5 PM
- Typically held 2nd Tuesday of each month, may vary
CHIP Working Group Meetings
- 4 PM
- Typically held 4th Tuesday of each month
Agendas & Minutes
Overview of the Committee
The Cohasset Harbor Committee consists of nine members whom are appointed by the Selectmen and is organized as follows:
- Two citizens-at-large who serve three year terms.
- One representative of the Yacht Club.
- One representative of the Sailing Club.
- Two representatives of the commercial fishermen.
- One independent member.
- One representative of the Recreation Commission.
- One representative of CMI
- One representative of CSCR
- The Harbormaster to serve as a permanent ex-officio member.
|George Baumgarten||Member at-large||6/30/2024|
|Susan Bryant||Center for Student Coastal Research||6/30/2024|
|Eric C. Crews||Yacht Club Representative||6/30/2022|
|Timothy C. Davis||Chair||6/30/2024|
|Lisa Hewitt Dick||Cohasset Maritime Institution||6/30/2024|
|Lorren S. Gibbons||Harbor Master- Ex-Officio||6/30/2025|
|Jeffrey S. Hartwell||Recreation Commission Representative||6/30/2023|
|Sean M. Kenealy||Sailing Club Representative||6/30/2022|
|Michael Sardina||Member at-large||6/30/2024|
|Vacancy||Commercial Fisherman Representative|
|Timothy C. Davis|
|Lorren S. Gibbons|
|Lisa Hewitt Dick|
|Lorren S. Gibbons|
Cohasset Climate Resilience Initiative - 2022 - Summary & Videos
The Cohasset Harbor Climate Resilience Forums are a series of public meetings targeted for early 2022 to explore climate resilience related to Cohasset harbor. Sponsored by Cohasset Harbor Committee in collaboration with Town of Cohasset’s Planning Director, Lauren Lind.
“Resilience is defined as “the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties.” In the context of climate change, resilience is the ability of a system or community to rebound following a shock such as a natural disaster. Building resilience requires not only recognizing potential hazards like extreme weather events, but also understanding the underlying vulnerabilities that may affect recovery from them.” (bsr.org)
Objectives of Forums:
1. Build consensus amongst various stakeholders, prioritize future actions, and increase knowledge of relevant data and available resources to inform action plans for climate-related issues related to Cohasset Harbor.
2. Complement town-wide “Climate Summit” targeted around spring/summer 2022, and whose scope may involve town committees including Alternative Energy, Open Space, Master Planning, Harbor and others.
FORUM #1 - January 25, 2022
FORUM #2 - April 11, 2022
Presentation material for all of the above referenced forums can be accessed in the sections below. Please contact George Baumgarten, Lisa Hewitt-Dick or Tim Davis if you have questions or need additional information.
Cohasset Harbor Climate Resilience Initiative - 2022 - Presentation Material
Forum #1, January 25, 2022 - Presentations:
- Coh Harbor Resilience Initiative - Forum 1 Intro 2022-01-25
- Coh Harbor Resilience Initiative - Forum 1 Lauren Lind Planning for Climate Resilience
- Coh Harbor Resilience Initiative - Forum 1 CCS Mapping Storm Tide Pathways in Cohasset
- Coh Harbor Resilience Initiative - Forum 1 Tom Bell Cohasset at Risk Storm Tide Impacts
Forum #2, April 11, 2022 - Presentations:
CHIP Working Group Documents
Other Harbor Related Documents:
- Draft for discussion - Potential Organization of Harbor Committee Subcommittees July 2019
- NOAA - 13269 Booklet Chart
- Master Plan Cohasset Harbor Area Benjamin Report 1961 - Map
- 1961 Report on Cohasset Harbor Area Benjamin Report
- Cohasset Harbor Master Plan 1980
- 1980 Harbor Plan Summary of Findings p1
- 1980 Harbor Plan Summary of Findings p2
- 1980 Harbor Plan Summary of Findings p3