Department of Public Works
The Department of Public Works (DPW) is a town service organization with an overall Mission to maintain and preserve the Town of Cohasset's property, parks, and open space, along with the public way infrastructure which includes streets, sidewalks, signs, and catch basins. The DPW works together with various departments of the Town Government to accomplish these maintenance goals.
Aside from Town wide maintenance and preservation, the DPW is responsible for operating the Recycling Transfer Station in which they explore cost effective and environmentally responsible ways of recycling and disposal of refuse. The DPW helps protects the environment and maintains public health and safety standards through the management of road conditions and other variables that seasonal changes bring.
The Department of Public Works is responsible, but not limited to, the following:
- Construction projects
- Maintenance and repair of streets, sidewalks, and storm drainage systems
- Maintenance and repair of vehicles and service equipment
- Maintenance of parks, athletic fields, cemeteries, and off-street parking facilities
- Sales and records of cemetery lots
- Transfer of public refuse and recyclables
- Sales of blue pay-per-throw bags
- Snow removal and ice control
- Maintenance and/or removal of town owned trees
- Filling and maintenance of the fuel tank
DPW Updates :
Residential brush will be accepted at the D.P.W. parking area on Saturday, November 3, 2018 from 7:30AM - 3:00PM. No trees over 10" in diameter. No stumps, firewood, briers or weeds. No contractors.
The RTF will be closed Sunday, November 11, 2018 for Veteran's Day.
Carl A. Sestito