Planning Board Office
Responsibilities of the Planning Board
- Studying the needs and potential of the Town, and when necessary, prepare plans to meet those needs and potentials. This includes writing, reviewing, updating, conducting public hearings, editing and publishing the Master Plan, and the official town map.
- Drafting, conducting public hearings and submitting zoning amendments and recommendations for consideration at Town Meetings
- Administration of the Subdivision Control Laws in accordance with Chapter 41, Section 81K - 81GG of the Massachusetts General Laws, including reviewing and conducting public hearings for all preliminary and definitive subdivision filings and Form A - Approval Not Required (ANR) Applications, and rendering decisions regarding those filings
- Reviewing, conducting public hearings and rendering decisions for Site Plan Review and Special Permit filings
- Reviewing, conducting public hearings and making recommendations to the Building Commissioner for all Large Home Review filings
- Other duties and responsibilities as imposed upon it by Chapter 40A and Sections 81A - J of Chapter 41 of the Massachusetts General Laws
Description & Mission of the Planning Board
- The Planning Board is focused on protecting and enhancing environmental, economic, and social quality of life in the community, for its residents and visitors alike. By facilitating and implementing appropriate planning initiatives and regulations aimed at preserving and protecting Cohasset, we ensure a solid foundation and a optimistic direction for the future.
- 2016 Revised Subdivision Rules Regulations (PDF)
- Common Driveway Minimum Standards (PDF)
- Draft of the Master Plan (PDF)
- Form A Procedures (PDF)
- Large Home Review Rules and Regulations (PDF)
- Planning Board Fee and Deposit Schedule (PDF)
- Planning Board Statement of Litigation Policy (PDF)
- Residential Cluster Development Rules and Regulations (PDF)
- Site Plan Review Application Packet (PDF)
- Transit Oriented Development Rules and Regulations (PDF)
- Do I need to file an application with the Planning Board?
- Are Planning Board meetings open to the public?
- When is a Form A - Approval Not Required (ANR) filed?
- What are the advertising and notification requirements for various filings?
- When does the Planning Board Meet?
- What are "Placement of Survey Monuments" and why are they a condition of approval for Large Home Review filings?
- What are "As Builts" and why are "As Builts" a condition of approval for filings?
- When is the balance of these deposits returned?
- When submitting an application to the Planning Board for a Subdivision, site plan review, Large Home Review or Common Driveway, the fees include deposits for other items. What are these deposits for?
- When submitting an application to the Planning Board, why are multiple copies of the application, site plans, floor plans and elevations required?